Already have training courses in place?…How do you know you are doing enough?
Local sports club “x” is brilliant at providing their volunteer coaches “coaching courses” on how to provide fun and skill level sports programs predominantly for their 6- 10 year old teams. The coach is then teaching his/her junior team by himself/herself and a kid has an asthma attack.
- Are there policies and procedures in place stating that the coach bring their first aid kit to the training session?
- Is the coach aware of all the participants medical conditions or is it left on the enrolment form he/she never sees?
- Do they have emergency contact numbers with them?
- Is there a list for the minimum amount of equipment required for their first aid kit?
- Is there policies in place about re-stocking to its minimum content?
- Is the coach first aid qualified and know what to do?
- Has a risk assessment been done for the training session and can it be used as a form of evidence if it goes to court?